Wednesday 29 January 2014

Ah! Megami-Sama! (Kami-Sama was busy...)


I know I've been away from the blog, both posting and reading/commenting.

But you see, I have other hobbies than just card collecting and right now there is one that is pulling me into it like gravity!

Manga and Anime.

I don't read/watch all of them, but I have a few that are like magnets and work like triggers.

Excluding my top favourite series - Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball - I have other series that made me melt.

Ah! Megami-Sama! or Ah/Oh! My Goddess (it depends who's translating it) is one of them.

I watched the original OVA wayyyyyyyy long ago (on the Locomotion TV channel), so long ago that at the time I had a 56K modem to connect to the internet so I could not get to watch fanvids or read the manga...

Well...back then there were none of the video and manga read sites we have now...

That is to say that back then I got to find a couple of images on the internet and got to tape (VHS was the hero back then!) the 5 OVA episodes.

After that I kept Keiichi-san and Belldandy locked in my heart but...

...last Christmas I had this finding!

I went to a store which usually has some Anime DVDs and so I found it.

Ah! Megami-Sama original OVA DVDs!

And only for 5€ (that's around 7/8$).

I felt such a winner that it did it.

I got my trigger to make me launch onto the net and see what could I found!

And I found that back at 2005 they started the TV series and made a couple more OVAs, and the Manga, it seems, is still alive!

So, right now I'm watching the TV series, reading the Manga and reading one of my guilty pleasures...fanfiction!


But sometimes I think, with the series itself that I don't 'quite' need to read that much of fanfiction...




PS: Meanwhile I'm waiting for my cards to arrive and I'm getting impatient...

2 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of student who are into manga and anime. I have purchased a few as presents for my TA's... I think one of them was called Deathnote. Maybe one of these days I'll dive in and buy one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Death Note anime and I'm reading the manga.
      It's a good one because it gets you to think what would you do if you could..'clean up' the world.
      USA have Hollywood..Japan has manga/anime =D

      Delete